TOEFL program is given to students, staff, and the public who want to measure their English skills.
(Program TOEFL ini diberikan kepada mahasiswa/ masyarakat umum yang ingin mengukur kemampuan TOEFL mereka.)
By the end of the course students will:
- be familiar with the format and directions of the TOEFL test;
- be familiar with the types of questions that are asked in each section;
- figure out their weak and strong areas; and
- develop the English language skills that are necessary to be successful on the test.
(Pada akhir pembelajaran peserta kursus diharapkan dapat:
- Memahami format dan petunjuk tes TOEFL;
- Memahami jenis-jenis pertanyaan pada tiap bagian;
- Mengetahui kelemahan dan kekuatan mereka dalam mempelajari bahasa Inggris; dan
- Meningkatkan kemampuan bahasa Inggris yang diperlukan agar dapat berhasil dalam tes TOEFL.)
- To practice necessary skills with short reading passages, such as understanding details, identifying topics and paraphrasing.
- To develop skills with longer reading passages, such as understanding details, identifying topics and paraphrasing, recognizing coherence.
- To improve on summarizing skills, such as completing tables and charts, creating tables and charts.
- To practice necessary writing skills of brainstorming, organizing, and paraphrasing.
- To develop writing skills by connecting and supporting ideas.
- To improve sentence structure and word choice.
- To demonstrate basic comprehension, such as understanding the main idea, key points, structure, purpose, conclusion, important facts and relevant details.
- To learn from listening, such as understanding various relationships between ideas
- (e.g., compare-and-contrast, cause-and-effect, agree-disagree, or steps in a process) and tracing the development of ideas or events throughout the recordings.
- To make inferences about an author’s opinion and what is implied in a recording.
- Information Processing – The ability to synthesize and summarize what you have read in your textbooks and heard in and outside of the class.
- Viewpoint Formation – In some of the speaking tasks, students need to form your own opinion in response to the information you have processed.
- Delivery – Speech should be clear and have a well-paced flow with only minor lapses in pronunciation or intonation patterns.
- Language Use – Responses should demonstrate effective use of grammar and vocabulary.
- Topic Development – Responses should be sustained and sufficient for the task. They should be coherent and well developed with details and examples. A clear progression of ideas is also necessary for a high score.
For more information, please contact via whatsapp (prefered):
- 082230021152 (Bu Marisa)
- 081234530707 (Bu. Lusia)
- 081357757607 (Bu. Dian)